Wednesday, April 05, 2006

busy week!

Term 1 ends Friday....which means that my time here in New Zealand is about 1/4 over, hard to believe. I have a physiology lab final exam on Friday morning which may prove to be difficult but hopefully not impossible.

But after 10am Friday I'm free! Well, kind of. Friday afternoon I'm going to Rotary District Conference on the west coast in a town called Hokitika. Should be a blast minus the inevitable rain- I saw on the weather today that it's going to rain there (but nowhere else in the country) all weekend. Sunday afternoon conference ends and I'll do laundry and repack for home! Maybe I'll just pack dirty clothes and let mum wash them...isn't that what parents are supposed to do when their kids are away at university? Maybe not when it's trans-oceanic...

I fly direct from CHC to Singapore on Monday afternoon on Singapore Airlines...I'm excited, well as excited as one can be about a 10 hour flight. Everyone keeps telling me how awesome an airline it is- personal TVs, lots of movies and music, good food- what more could I ask for?
Unfortunately I have to spend the night in Singapore before flying to Kuala Lumpur and then onto Kuantan on Tuesday morning.

Through awesome Rotary contacts (it pays to know people in high places) I managed to land a volunteer position at Christchurch Hospital in the pediatric department with the play therapist. I think it'll be a good mix of medicine and psychology and working with the wee ones! I have a meeting tomorrow to fill out paperwork and get a police check. Since I've only been in the country for 2 months I doubt they'll find any criminal activity.

I'm off to read and sleep...I'll catch up once I'm back in Kuantan

cheers-

s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home