Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wellington Pictures

Here are a few pictures from last weekend...sorry it's taken awhile!





The Christchurch crew- Valda our counsellor and the 5 scholars- Daisy, me, Glen, Andrea and Jesse

view of wellington and the harbour from our conference room...kinda reminded me of san francisco!

Te Papa National museum- everything you could ever want to know about New Zealand, for free!!

scary Maori caving in Te Papa- I think he has paua shells as eyes. Paua is a very common shell here, the meat is commonly known as abalone. We met some guys up the coast who fished for them- when they caught one they held it to their wetsuit and after a few seconds the paua would just stick to their suit. cool.

Sometime this week I plan to take some pictures from the top of the library- the 11th floor has great views of downtown (not exactly a Manhatten skyline) and the surrounding hills. It's especially neat since the leaves are starting to change colour. Yep- that means that fall (autumn) is here, which means cool (ok, downright cold) nights are getting more frequent. We have heat in our bedrooms in our flat. Heat, yes! Heating units on the ceiling---what?! Yep, we have ceiling heat. I don't really understand it either. Apparently it's more efficient (maybe the fact that heat rises doesn't apply in the southern hemisphere or something). Who knows...I'm not convinced yet. I'll let you know in July when I'm freezing in my little concrete iceblock and you're playing at the beach!

have a great week!

cheers-

s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home