Thursday, March 30, 2006

autumn

I think autumn is officially here- today (Thursday) is the first day all week I’ve seen the sun! The leaves are starting to change though and my view from the 10th floor of the library is stunning. I’ll take pictures soon, I promise!

Yesterday Rebecca and Katie skipped school and we headed north of Christchurch about an hour an a half to Hamner Springs, a little mountain town famous for their hot springs! We ate lunch at a really good café and then soaked in the hot springs (and the rain) for the afternoon. It was soo relaxing!

Last night I was invited to the Christchurch South Rotary meeting for dinner. I was connected to one of their members through someone in my host club, and he invited me to come along to dinner and meet his club members. The speaker last night was really interesting- he worked as an engineer for Air New Zealand for several years and then decided to do some private work. His talk last night was the story of how he was involved in the secret repossession of 7 airbus aircrafts from a budget Italian airline in 2004. It sounded like something straight out of Hollywood! Anyway, a few of their members are on the board of directors at Christchurch Hospital and said that they would help me find a volunteer position within the hospital…hopefully something will work out!

Next week is the last week of term 1…where have the past 7 weeks gone?! I have a physiology lab exam next week and then we have a 3 week break! Next weekend is the Rotary District Conference on the west coast in a town called Hokitika which is close to where a lot of the gold mines used to be! Then on April 10th I fly from Christchurch to Singapore, spend the night there and then head “home” to Kuantan. I’ll study there for about a week and a half and then head back to Singapore to take the MCAT. The week after will be a good holiday! We’re planning on doing some scuba diving on Redang Island north of Kuantan on the east coast of Malaysia.

cheers-

s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home