Friday, March 03, 2006

weird weather

I had class at 9am today (probably the most boring lecture yet- about the osomoregulation of new zealand freshwater crayfish...not exactly high on my interest list). Anyway, as I left for class today it was sunny, a little breezy, and about 15C. Leaving physiology it was a few degrees cooler, slightly windy, and getting to be overcast. Less than an hour later it was frigid, and starting to drizzle with near hurricane force winds, appropriately called a squall. Ok, so that may be a bit of an overstatement but not by much.
People say that the east coast of NZ (where Christchurch is located) is one of the driest places on the island. That may be true but I'm not quite convinced. I guess it's not so much the rain that bothers me but the cold wind that comes with it. I think I inherited the "I hate wind" gene from mum...

Anyway, classes this week went well, the reading list is piling up and the assignments are beginning to be assigned. Tomorrow the plan is to head west of here back towards Arthur's Pass for some caving/hiking. I'm not so keen on going if the weather continues as it is right now but we'll wait and see. The group that's going consists of Germans, a guy from Sweden and one from South Africa. The Germans are always cold here and the Swede thinks it's tropical...go figure.

cheers-

s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home