Sunday, September 10, 2006

Rugby!


Spring did start on September 1 and even though there are still from frigid nights and frosty mornings, it’s definitely getting warmer! I spoke at the Bishopdale-Burnside Rotary club last week and was invited to the rugby game on Sunday at Jade Stadium- Canterbury v. Counties Manakau. Their club has a contract with the stadium to sell programs before each game. Daisy and I went along on Sunday afternoon and after donning some very attractive gear we were off to shout “programs for sale!” for the next two hours outside the stadium. It was actually pretty fun and we met some interesting rugby fans. A lot of people thought that a) the programs were free, or b) that I worked at the stadium…so it made my job interesting! The best part was that we got into the game for free and I sat beside an avid rugby fan so I picked up some tips on how the game works.

cheers-
s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home