Thursday, July 13, 2006

new semester, new home!

Time seriously does fly...I can't believe that July is half over! I'm sure most of you are sweating and complaining about the heat while I'm snuggled under a wool blanket and scraping ice off my car in the mornings!

I had a great break last week, Kathryn and I took a trip down to Queenstown to ski and relax! I'll post more about that later...

Two weeks ago I moved from the student apartments at Ilam to a home-stay with the Soper family. Rebecca, a friend from Auburn who was here last semester doing her student teaching lived with the Sopers and they invited me to live with them this semester. I have my own (huge!) room and bathroom! I also now have two younger brothers, Hayden is 10 and Jamie is just 3.

Jamie's latest obession is anything with holes. He had a hole in his sock the other day and insisted that he couldn't wear it. Now he checks everyone's socks, shirts, pants, whatever to make sure they don't have any holes either. He found out that his pyjama shirt has button holes...it took a lot of convincing to assure him that they were ok!





















Hayden and Jamie


cheers-

s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is HILARIOUS!!!
You know, I once had a roommate who didn't like bumps (anything with bumps)

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home