Sunday, June 18, 2006

stress (exam time)

Study week is almost over and I feel as if I've only done about 20% of what I need to do before exams...fantastic. Fortunately I only have 3 of them, but they're all worth between 40-60% so it adds just a tad bit of pressure. Not to mention that mcat scores get released next week (talk about perfect timing). I'm debating whether or not to check them when they come out or to wait until after exams. I'm not sure I have enough will-power to wait.

On a somewhat happier note- I went to the observatory last night with Kathryn and her friend Sarah (who knows a lot more about astronomy than I do!). Unfortunately when we got there it was too cloudy to actually see anything, but the view of the city from the top of the observatory was impressive in itself. The observatory is on the old UC campus (downtown, now known as the Arts Centre) which dates back to the mid 1800s. It's a really beautiful campus with all stone buildings...it's really too bad that they moved out to the suburbs and now have 1960s concrete buildings. The telescope dates back to 1891 (perhaps the oldest in NZ?) I'll have to go back on a real starry night to check out the Southern sky.

Nothing else too exciting at the moment- I'm planning on going to ski in Queenstown during our semester break (first week of July) and am also moving to my new home then! I'm living with a family next semester who has two boys- Hayden who is 10 and adorable Jamie who just turned 3! I'm really looking forward to having a Kiwi family and my own bathroom!

'night

s.

PS- they are forcasting snow again for the South Island tomorrow...maybe not all the way down to sea level but I wouldn't be surprised!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home